[vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]The gut brain axis. Science is finally catching up to what all of us already know the brain and the gut are connected. Think about the common phrases of “gut feeling”, “my guts says” “butterflies in my stomach”, etc. How many times during exams in college did you have diarrhea? What about before a big presentation.? Doctors and medical science are finally proving it. Dr. David Perlmutter’s latest book is all about this, “Brainmaker”. I can site article after article in the scientific literature about the studies of microbes in our intestines affecting our brain, whether it is feelings or thoughts or behavior. In one way it is terrifying in another reassuring. And it works both ways. Brain affects the gut and the gut affects the brain. Our thoughts do affect our health and can affect our feelings and actions. Likewise the bacteria in our gut can affect which and how nutrients gets absorbed. The bacteria in the gut may even transfer their DNA to our brain to change our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Clearly, we are not at the stage of understanding this mechanism in humans but it is within our knowledge of bacteria in the gut of rats affecting their behavior. All of this points to choosing foods that support a beneficial microbial environment in our gut. Hopefully, this will improve our overall health and our mental health. Perhaps one day soon we can figure our which microbes for our gut will get rid of depression and anxiety. Until that day I do support eating fermented foods and supplementing your diet with probiotics.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- FREE Operations Manual for the Human Body and Mind
- Learn from 73 of the World’s Top Self Care Experts!
- BODACIOUS Health and Wellness: 5 Days to Reclaim your Vitality!
- Free Detox Workshop – Thursday, 10-10-2020
- 6 Weeks to Mental Wellness Live Class – Register Today!
- Free Webinar – Biohacks for Minimizing Anxiety! – 6:30 PM CST
- Free Webinar – Wellness During the Holidays – 6:30 PM CST
- Expressing Mental Wellness Journeys Through Music
- Remembering to Play during Covid and the Holidays
- I Can Help Navigate the Holidays!