This Hidden Spinach Healthy Guacamole tastes like the homemade guacamole you know and love, but with the addition of vitamin-packed, vibrantly-green spinach!
DIET: Dairy-Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian
PREP TIME: 15min or less
AUTHOR: Sarah Bond
NUTRITION: Serving: 2Tbsp | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.3g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 9.9g | Sodium: 81mg | Fiber: 4g
- Blend: With a handheld immersion blender or a food processor, blend spinach, 1 of the avocados, and lime juice until a smooth puree is formed, scraping down the sides to get everything mixed nicely.
- Mix: Chop the remaining avocado into small chunks, then roughly mash into the puree, along with onion, jalapeño and garlic. Once you reach a consistency to your liking, season with salt and pepper. Optionally stir in tomato and cilantro.
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 avocados ripe
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped tomato, 2 Tbsp cilantro
Dr. Laurie Goldman is a medical doctor, psychiatrist, and functional medicine practitioner who’s been in private practice since 1999. She founded Clear Path Wellness to help her patients reach their maximum state of mental and physical health using a personalized, comprehensive approach powered by the principles of functional medicine, which treats the whole person, not just symptoms.
About Clear Path Wellness | Services | Contact