This is from Kat Toups MD
Below is a document I created for my patients after extensive research to help people understand ideas for preventing the coronavirus infection, and what to do if you start to become ill with a flu-like illness.
I hope it might be helpful for you, but this is general information and I encourage you to consult with a physician if you have any questions or serious health issues.￼￼
CORONAVIRUS PROPHYLAXIS and TREATMENT
The Corona Virus is a common type of virus that typically causes an infection in your nose/sinuses or throat.
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) first detected in Wuhan, China seems to attack the lungs as well, and can cause ARDS – Acute respiratory Distress Syndrome that can be quite serious, and in a few cases, life-threatening.
Most cases that were fatal have been reported in people with compromised immune systems. The people in Wuhan (a city of 11 million people) reportedly live in a high degree of air pollution, and there is a very high level of smokers. Both of these factors can weaken the lungs and the immune system.
That said, COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus, and it seems prudent to plan a strategy for prevention and have an attack plan ready in case you become ill. All of the suggestions here are useful for any type of flu or respiratory virus. The Elderberry Syrup and Buhner formulas have specific activity against the Coronavirus.
General Guidelines for Good Health and a Strong Immune System
- Eat a clean diet with fresh organic foods and free-range meat and chicken and wild-caught fish
- Eat lots of veggies – all the colors of the rainbow each day
- Eliminate or minimize sugar, as this can suppress the immune system and feed viruses and other bugs.
- Get sufficient sleep each night. This is when your brain detoxifies and all of your body organs regenerate.
- Work on your stress! Stress takes a big toll on the immune system.
- Practice more frequent handwashing, especially after being in public places.• Wear an N-95 face mask in public places if you have any illness that weakens your immune system and if you are elderly. (The immune system generally weakens with age.)
Tonic Prophylaxis for Immune and Anti-Oxidant Support
- Fish Oil – 3 grams a day – to prevent inflammation (the virus causes a cytokine storm, which is a potent inflammatory response)
Make sure to take a high-quality Fish Oil that purifies and test for toxins and heavy metals, like Xymogen Monopure 1300 or Nordic Naturals
- Vitamin D – 2000 to 10,000 IU/day (enough to maintain a blood level of 50-80) – super important for immune support
- Vitamin C – 3 grams a day – also very helpful for immune and anti-oxidant support
- AMLA + Spirulina – AMLA is the most potent food anti-oxidant (from gooseberry fruit). Spirulina is blue-green algae that supports the immune system and helps heavy metal detoxification, as well as fighting Yeast, lowering blood pressure, and more
- Pure Planet AMLA Plus Organic Powder – Mix 1.5 teaspoons with 8 oz. of water; Take with food once a day
- NAC – an anti-oxidant defense system that specifically supports lung disease, as well as an important detoxifier that makes Glutathione
- Mushrooms – eat a lot of cooked mushrooms, and/or take Medicinal Mushrooms. Both are well-validated to support the immune system
- QOL ImmunoKinoko AHCC 750 mg – take 1 twice a day on empty stomach a tonic during the flu season to strengthen your immune system and hopefully prevent viral illness
- Vitamin D immune jumpstart: Take 100,000 IU a day for 3 days to jump-start your immune system. (This is useful any time you feel like you are coming down with a cold or flu.)
Can use Designs for Health Ultra10k – take 10/day in AM with breakfast for 3 days if you have this. If you are on a lower dose and need to purchase a higher strength for the jump-start, Metabolic Maintenance
- Vitamin D-3 (25,000 IU) w/K2M7 is a 25,000 IU version – you would take 4 each AM.
- Vitamin A immune jumpstart: Take 100,000 IU daily for 7 days to jump-start your immune system
Klaire Labs Vitamin A 25,000 IU – take 4 each AM with food for 7 days only – not intended for long-term use.
- Vitamin C – high dose oral (5 grams/day) or IV Vitamin C at higher doses
Ecological Formulas/Cardiovascular Research Vitamin C-1000 (non-corn) – take 5/day with food (Note: these capsules are big. Can be opened and stirred in water.)
- Medicinal Mushrooms – QOL ImmunoKinoko AHCC 750 mg – Take 2 twice a day on empty stomach until well, and maybe for a week thereafter.
- AMLA + Spirulina – Pure Planet AMLA Plus Organic Powder – Mix 1.5 teaspoons with 8 oz. of water; Take with food twice a day. (Note: Need 2 bottles for a month at twice a day.)
- Zinc – Pure Encapsulations Zinc 30 – take 1 twice a day with food
- NAC – Pure Encapsulations NAC 900 mg – take 1 twice a day on an empty stomach.
- Elderberry Syrup – Take this at the first sign of a virus. It has anti-viral activity against the Corona Virus; also immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant activity.
Wise Woman Herbals Elderberry Syrup – Organic and GMO free – Take 1/8 teaspoon 3 times a day• Buhner Corona Virus Remedy Formulas
Buhner Corona Virus Herbs – Anti-Viral Formulas
– Can be taken as a tonic for prevention, or can take increased doses when acutely ill.
– These are tonics of wild-crafted herbs with formulas designed by Steven Buhner – one of the most respected herbalists who has written many books on medicinal uses of herbs.
– Take 1 teaspoon of each of the 3 formulas in water three times a day; can take 6 times a day if acutely ill.
– Boneset extract – 3 droppers in hot water 3 times a day. This will increase your body temperature to help you sweat out the illness.- Can be ordered at one of these websites:
Below are links for supplement online stores discussed above:
FullScript – Non Xymogen Products – us.fullscript.com/welcome/clearpathwellness
Whole Scripts – Xymogen Products – WWW.WHOLESCRIPTS.COM/REGISTER/drlgoldmany-goldman
Dr. Laurie Goldman is a medical doctor, psychiatrist, and functional medicine practitioner who’s been in private practice since 1999. She founded Clear Path Wellness to help her patients reach their maximum state of mental and physical health using a personalized, comprehensive approach powered by the principles of functional medicine, which treats the whole person, not just symptoms.
- 1 60-minute appointment to collect medical history, symptoms, and lifestyle data
Comprehensive assessment of blood work (using integrative lab ranges), cognitive functioning, and nutrient status
- 3 functional tests worth $350 (cognitive, oxidative stress, and omega3 index assessments)
- 1 60-minute appointment to review lab results and recommendations
- 1 30-minute follow-up appointment