Baby Greens with Blackberry Vinaigrette
Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blackberries (defrost if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups lightly packed mesclun salad mix
- 2 tablespoons crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Place all dressing ingredients in blender or mini food processor and blend until dressing is creamy and smooth. Let dressing stand in refrigerator for up to 24 hours before using.
- When ready to serve salad, divide greens between 2 plates. Add goat cheese, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over each salad. Top with chopped walnuts.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 198, Fat (g) 16; Sat. Fat (g): 3; Chol (mg): 7; Sodium (mg): 187; Carb (g): 9; Fiber (g): 3; Protein (g): 6;
*Mito-Ketoflex and Dairy-free options: Omit goat cheese and prepare as directed. Substitute cashew cheese for goat cheese of desired. Note that nutritional analysis is calculated with dairy ingredients included.
(Institute of Functional Medicine Mito Food Plan Weekly Planner and Recipes, version 4, 2018)
Dr. Laurie Goldman is a medical doctor, psychiatrist, and functional medicine practitioner who’s been in private practice since 1999. She founded Clear Path Wellness to help her patients reach their maximum state of mental and physical health using a personalized, comprehensive approach powered by the principles of functional medicine, which treats the whole person, not just symptoms.
About Clear Path Wellness | Services | Contact | Supplements: Fullscript & Wholescripts
- 1 60-minute appointment to collect medical history, symptoms, and lifestyle data
Comprehensive assessment of blood work (using integrative lab ranges), cognitive functioning, and nutrient status
- 3 functional tests worth $350 (cognitive, oxidative stress, and omega3 index assessments)
- 1 60-minute appointment to review lab results and recommendations
- 1 30-minute follow-up appointment